THIS SITE HAS MOVED!

As of 9/18/15, this site has moved to www.jillygagnon.com

You can still read my blog posts here (you can also read them on the new site!), but visit www.jillygagnon.com for current information on everything else!

Monday, May 5, 2014

Things Worse than Monday

I just got back from the NESCBWI conference, and it was awesome. And occasionally disheartening. And inspiring. And a little terrifying.

All things that are important to the writing process, basically, so I'll just call it a resounding success.

But the weekend of working WAY harder than I ever do at my job has made this Monday even more terrible than usual. Which made me wonder, what could be worse than doubling down on Monday?



So far I'm thinking:

* If one of my coworkers were replaced with a colicky infant
* A world without bourbon
* When you can't find out where that smell is coming from in your kitchen
* Genocides
* Also war
* In fact, let's just put all atrocities in a second, "actually terrible things" category
* When you're in a very public place, and a very private part starts to itch...badly
* Wrecking perfectly good cake with toasted coconut
* Watching young children play baseball
* The horrible truth that, in the end, we all really die alone

Thankfully, Monday's almost over. So it's just the rest of these things I need to worry about...

No comments:

Post a Comment