THIS SITE HAS MOVED!

As of 9/18/15, this site has moved to www.jillygagnon.com

You can still read my blog posts here (you can also read them on the new site!), but visit www.jillygagnon.com for current information on everything else!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Decisions, Decisions

Can anyone explain to me why it is that the decisions that are hardest to make--cripplingly, mind-meltingly, curl-up-in-a-ball-and-weep-ingly hard--are always the little ones?

I flipped a coin to decide where to go to college (no, literally). I don't think I ever even consciously chose a career path. And I regularly decide to drastically switch my haircut--we're talking mid-back to pixie--based on a single morning of "meuh" in the mirror.

That might sound less momentous than the first two, but I think the ladies are picking up what I'm throwing down there.

I can make major decisions with (apparently frightening) ease, but the little ones? I am completely and utterly un-womanned by them.

Last night's decision trauma: business cards.

I didn't even NEED new business cards. I currently have four sets: one for my writing; one for my day job; one for the day job BEFORE this one (which, frankly, I should just recycle); and one for a place I used to write for that disappeared, and whose remnants I'm too sentimental to abandon totally.

But I kind of hate the "for my writing" set, and OHMYGODASALE was happening, so clearly I needed to pull the trigger on this immediately.

By "immediately," I mean "it took me hours--seriously, hours--and the input of multiple people to figure this out."

Do I like the quirky image I actually like, or should I go with something simple that I find boring (but maybe it's more elegant)? Heavy weight, regular weight (cheaper!), or weird (but maybe more memorable? but maybe more lose-able?) mini-cards? Is my title "writer," or "author," or "freelance writer," or "humorist," or some Frankenstein's monster of all of those, sutured together with ampersands?

HOW  DO I SPELL MY LAST NAME??

I wound up with...something. I purchased something.

But was it right? WAS IT?


No comments:

Post a Comment