THIS SITE HAS MOVED!

As of 9/18/15, this site has moved to www.jillygagnon.com

You can still read my blog posts here (you can also read them on the new site!), but visit www.jillygagnon.com for current information on everything else!

Friday, March 13, 2015

Book Deal News

I've been a little spotty about posting here lately, but I swear, I have a good excuse.

Actually I have good excuses.

Last week I got an offer for my YA debut, #famous, from HarperCollins imprint Katherine Tegen.

Which is enough to make me vomit rainbows for about a year, especially since I get to do it with the FABULOUS editrix Anica Rissi, supported by the EQUALLY fabulous agent-extraordinaire Heather Alexander.

But wait, there's more.
The same day I got this news, I got a call from my other agent (for anyone who doesn't know, I write YA, but also fully-grownup comedy; the comedy is with a writing partner, and we signed together with the AMAZING Dawn Frederick last July).

"We have serious interest in the book."

We had been on submission since September, and because Mike (my writing partner) and I are such newbs to the "actually selling a book" part of this process, we were pretty sure that meant we were totally unlovable and would never sell anything and should hurry up with some new ideas before Dawn realized we were a bad bet.

Instead, about 20 hours after offer one came in, Dawn came back to us with another offer, this one from awesome indie house Diversion Books: they're buying not one but THREE books in our Choose Your Own Misery series.

Okay, exhale, Gagnon.

So it's official--I'm gonna be taking the plunge into publication. I couldn't be more excited, and I have several dozen people who deserve a massive thank you, only a handful of whom I can remember at any one time, so I'm going to refrain from putting a totally-incomplete-and-therefore-possibly-hurtful list here.

From here on out, everything is uncharted territory. I'll be sure to keep track of the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment